Books What Are You're Favorites?

 Books- what are your favorite?

 


I love books. I don't remember what age I was when I began reading consistently. If I were to guess I might have been around 8 or 9 years old. Books took me on an adventure when I was young. I went into deep space with Isaac Asimov, through his "foundations" series.

Solved mysteries with Frank and Joe Hardy, and even went on a few lazy adventures through the Ozarks, on the Missouri and Mississippi River with Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn.

As a teen, I followed Stephen King and his alias "Richard Bachman". I mostly enjoyed his short stories.

As time goes on, I have found that my taste in books has also changed. Now I enjoy Good Bible based teachings, from a multitude of christian non-fiction writers and preachers of righteousness.

Personal development, goal setting, time management books by Zig Ziglar, Brian Tracy, Norman Vincent Peale, have always been a personal favorite of mine. Right now I am reading "Over the Top" by Zig Ziglar. Unfortunately, Ziglar passed away earlier this year. He was a phenomenal personal development author, speaker and Southern Baptist Sunday school teacher. Image the classroom he has now in Glory.

The Bible has to  be my personal favorite. It doesn't matter how many times you read it, this book always seems to go through your spirit. Doesn't matter what book, chapter or verse you read, the Holy "living" Bible is the your word from God. The word is always on time, every time and never fails.

Back in the mid nineties, my wife Helen, and myself went with our Church's youth group to Eureka Springs Arkansas. Our destination was the "Passion Play". The church borrowed a fire engine red church bus from another Assemblies of God Church. The bus had hot rod flames on both sides and a huge painted on banner that exclaimed "On Fire for Christ!" 

What a trip that was. I think we were close to Branson when we had a blow out. It took about an hour to change the tire. When we finally arrived to the outdoor amphitheater, we had missed about 30 minutes of the play.

The next morning we took a tour of the grounds of the theme park. What impressed me the most was collection of Bibles that the owner of the theme park Gerald L.K. Smith, had collected. He had over 6,000 bibles in one small room.

 

Okay, what are your favorite books

Popular posts from this blog

The NASB 2020 Giant Print

Best recipes for the slow cooker

Is the NASB 2020 Any Good?